Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Birthday Boy

Devlyn was so proud to tell me that Mrs. Montgomery (his teacher) asked for his size today to order his school spelling bee t-shirt. He'll be representing his 1st grade class in the first annual Sycamore Creek school spelling bee! The invite/informational sheet we received today spells out the rules. He'll be competing against 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th graders!!! I'm a nervous wreck already. I still remember the word I lost on in my elementary school spelling bee!! It was "phase", I went too quickly and blurted out "f" as the first letter :(. We're so proud of him already for representing his class - my heart swells thinking about watching him compete in the school spelling bee! His birthday presents are all laid out at his spot on the breakfast table for tomorrow morning :). I let them choose what they'd like to eat for the day on their birthdays (within reason). Devlyn has requested donuts for breakfast, a lunchables to pack for lunch and an early dinner at sushi blues for his birthday supper. Sounds like fun to me! I'm going to meet his class at the cafeteria tomorrow with cupcakes during lunch :). 7 years old - what a great age - his whole world is just starting to open up!

No comments:

Post a Comment