Tuesday, June 11, 2013

From Facebook Today


Nothing bothers me more than when a distressed parent finds our advocacy groups desperately seeking information b/c their child has been injured by fluoroquinolone antibiotics.  Knowing the pain and suffering an innocent child is going to battle for years on end b/c of these drugs shakes me to the core.  I don't understand how this happens and why noone does anything about what, to me, seems like something that should be so simple to eradicate through education.  It's so evil and wrong.  I'll be silently begging the universe to help this woman's daughter.  

My daughter (then 8) took Levaquin in 2011 for almost 30 days due to an infection that she had in her sacrum bone. Before we started taking the medicine I called the doctor to verify i wasn't poisoning my baby. We stopped taking med because her knee swelled to the size of a grapefruit and her joints kept making a popping sound. She was then sent on to Rheumatologist because the Infectious Disease doctor couldn't explain her knee swelling, but put her on clindamycin and rifapin. She ended up getting a steroid injection to reduce swelling, which it did UNTIL almost a year later her knee swelled up without explanation and she had another injection. The Rheum Dr has now diagnosed my daughter with arthritis. Over the weekend her knee gave out from her and she is in a brace to stabilize it. We are on our way to yet another dr today, ortho, but I feel like all of this is a root from taking levaquin. She still has the issue in sacrum bone, but that has become secondary to the knee situation. Can anyone offer me any advice? Like · · 112 · June 4 at 8:45am near Geneva, IL ·


Tina Cudworth Gilsinn My daughter was just diagnosed with deteriorating cartilage in her knee, I am beside myself! What in the world can I do to reverse all this mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment