Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dear Eggnog - I Love You

Normally I do not seek out creamy beverages with thick gelatinous consistencies. Having been lactose intolerant for most of my life, experimenting with eggnog was WAY outside my comfort zone. A single, delectable sip of C's Nog and Bourbon a few days ago changed my mind forever. I had absolutely no idea that liquid Christmas was so delicious! Bourbon and eggnog now ranks up there with filthy, dirty martinis as two of my all time favorite cocktails. In fact, I just made a special trip to Harris Teeter to see if they carried the local dairy's eggnog after tasting it at my in laws. It was sold out as were several other varieties. They did have plenty of "light" eggnog left though. Do we really need a "light" version of something so purely indulgent, it's only acceptable to drink 1 or 2 weeks a year!!?! My pants are a little tighter already and every sip was worth it : ) Now if you'll excuse me, it's time to plug in the Christmas lights, cue up Bing and steal a few more sips of holiday cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment