Friday, January 14, 2011

3 Little Fishies



I have strong childhood memories of singing songs with my paternal grandmother, Vivian Hayward Swain.  Occasionally, she would come pick me up for a sleepover in her little Toyota Tercel and we'd sing the entire way back to her house.  All kinds of good songs.  She had been a camp counselor in her youth and had raised 4 boys for God's sake!  I sure would like to talk to her about that!  Most of the songs she taught me are stuck pretty well in my head but there has always been this one I could never quite remember.  Tonight, I found it online!  It's called "3 Little Fishies"  Can't wait to teach it to the boys - I think Blake will love it.  Now that I have all the words, I can picture her singing it perfectly - she had fabulous hand gestures that made the already fun refrain even better!  I dedicate this great recording of "3 Little Fishies" to Vivian - the big band swing sound of it definitely reminds me of her.  This one's for you Gramma!

No comments:

Post a Comment