Saturday, January 29, 2011

Me & C

Here's a funny back and forth Charles and I had in the kitchen this evening making dinner for the boys.

Me - (in the cupboard reaching for something) to C, "Did you take your old people vitamins today?" (Centrum Silver baby)

C (laughing), "No, I forgot."

Me (dipping back into the Mexican leftovers we're both picking at out of a styrofoam container on the counter - so fancy!) "Did you eat my last shrimp?!?" (he's allergic to shrimp)

C, "No.....I'm allergic to shrimp." (I have, on occasion, been known to forget this important fact)

Me (feigning surprise)"You are?!?"  I continue on by gesticulating and making strange noises to drive home the point that I actually remembered.  He chuckles at my odd mannerisms.

Me (noticing my weirdness), "Am I the type of wife you envisioned having?"

C, "You're the type of wife everyone envisions having."  (Aww....)

Me, "With all my weirdness?!?"

C, "I love your weirdness.  It's all the other stuff I can't stand : )"

Both laughing.

Marriage.  It's a trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment