Friday, March 16, 2012

Ex-Employer Being Investigated by the Feds

While working for Smith Advertising, I once received a $50 international transaction surcharge from my bank attached to my direct deposit.  When I inquired, I was told by my bank that the fee was due to my paycheck having been wired from an offshore bank account in the Dutch Antilles.  I took note and noticed that shortly thereafter senior officers in the company begun to jump ship one after the other.  I was about 8.5 months pregnant with Blake at the time and furiously began gathering freelance clients : )  Last week Smith advertising closed unexpectedly and my former bosses all but disappeared overnight.  Check out this link - I sure am glad I haven't worked there in awhile!  Sounds like when and if Gary and Todd do turn up, they may be headed to the big house!  Yikes.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/10832481/#/vid10832481

No comments:

Post a Comment