Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Shoulda Coulda Woulda


Every time I tackle a home improvement project, I get this nagging feeling that I missed my true calling. And today, hanging out with the HVAC guy while he fixed our gas heat unit, I finally fully connected with those feelings.  I am so totally supposed to be a tradeswoman (is that a word?).  I'm not even sure  which kind, although probably not a plumber - that has the potential to get too gross.  I just know I would be SO HAPPY working like that.  If I could go back and be 19 or 20 again, I would pick a trade, apprentice with someone and have the time of my life fixing, building...whatever.  I hung out with Mr. Tuck (HVAC guy) for 45 minutes, watching exactly what he did.  I was with him when he pinpointed the problem - he was excited, I was excited - IT WAS AWESOME.  We talked about HVAC units, we had lemonade, talked swimming (his granddaughter swam in the junior olympics in charlotte this summer).  I could have talked to him all day listening to everything he knew.  I almost missed the bus I was so into our HVAC unit.  And don't even get me started on Mr. Tuck - coolest person ever.  That's a whole 'nother story in itself.  Seriously though, I need to figure out how to retire so I can start my second career as a fixer/builder.  I have got to make this happen.

Weird - I just typed in "Mrs. Fixit" to grab an image to post with this blog and this website came up:

http://www.devinncampbellphotography.com/mrsfixit/

Granted, it's not devlyncampbellphotography.com BUT let's just say it's a fun coincidence at the very least : )


No comments:

Post a Comment